Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Shadowman Contest Stories

 

Shadowman #5 Cover A by Jon Davis-Hunt


Last year, the good folks Valiant Entertainment held a drawing to promote Shadowman #1. I don't know who won the drawing, but I hope the winner enjoyed his or her prize: a penciled and inked 11x17 commission by then series artist Jon Davis-Hunt.

 

Shadowman #5 art by Pedro Andreo

Several years ago, I competed in a month-long contest for an online fan group. I fought my way through four rigorous weekend challenges, and completed a number of smaller challenges during each week. By month's end, I thought I had secured the prize I most wanted: one of several beautifully done, penciled-and-inked 11x17 professional drawings. 

One even featured our Deadside hero Shadowman!

Then the contest administrator removed one of the professional commissions from the list of available prizes.


Shadowman #5 art by Pedro Andreo


Last year, writer Cullen Bunn's Shadowman series proved a revelation to comics and horror fans alike. After masterfully completing the first four issues, Jon Davis-Hunt stepped aside to let up-and-coming Pedro Andreo display his penciling and inking skills. The second story arc begins two weeks from now, when Shadowman #5 arrives in stores on January 19. I hope you'll dive into these new issues with me, and follow all the exciting events of the "Deadside War."

Sometimes, it may not feel as if you're not allowed to win the big prizes. Perhaps due to your age, social status, affiliation, or personality quirks, you may never win the prizes you compete the hardest for. Still...

 


Everyone wins with Shadowman.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment