Sunday, January 9, 2022

Shadowman Contest Stories II

 

Shadowman #5 Cover B by Jonathan Marks Barravecchia


Recently, the good folks at Valiant Entertainment held a drawing to promote Shadowman #5. This lavish prize package included a limited edition Shadowman glass cover by X-O Manowar artist extraordinaire Jeff Dekal, a Deluxe Hardcover edition of Shadowman, a signed print of Shadowman by artist Tony Moore, and many other fun Shadowman items. I hope the recipient of Valiant's largess is over-the-moon with their prizes.


Shadowman limited edition glass cover by Jeff Dekal

A few years ago, I competed in a month-long pumpkin carving contest for an online fan group. I hadn't intended on contributing an entry, but the group admin repeatedly begged for entries. So I went out, bought a pumpkin, and selected an image to carve. After taking several days to adapt the pattern, I started carving.

 

Shadowman artwork by Tony Moore

Although it took longer than I had imagined, I finally completed my pumpkin. The contest admins may have taken longer than usual to decide, but they finally accepted my entry. As the contest deadline loomed, I thought I stood a good chance of winning the lavish prize package, which included a limited edition glass cover, and many other fun items.

Then, an hour or so before the deadline, the contest admins extended the length of the contest...

 

 

Sadly, some people will never treat your fairly, and always find ways to exclude you. Still, you can count on writer Cullen Bunn, artist Pedro Andreo, and all the good folks at Valiant Entertainment to deliver a shockingly good read with their next Shadowman story arc, "The Deadside War."



Ten days from now, on Wednesday, January 19, everyone who reads Shadowman #5 can be a winner.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment