Sunday, February 14, 2021

Savage #1 Inside Cover & Preview Pages

 

Some people enjoy reading reviews of a book or comic before they read it. Others prefer to come to the book or comic they've heard about, or are excited about, with as little knowledge as possible. If you belong to the latter group, this post is just for you!

Yesterday, I let you revel in the unadulterated interior art of Nathan Stockman. Today, I thought I'd share with you Cover B, along with the preview pages complete with narration and dialogue by Max Bemis. As a special bonus, you'll also get to see the inside front cover of Savage #1, which brings you up-to-speed on Kevin Sauvage's life so far in London, England. Enjoy!

I must say I appreciate the way Senior Editor Heather Antos loads up the inside front covers of her series. This jumpstarts each issue with a punch of information and fun, and brings you up to speed so you're ready to enjoy the current issue.





As the pandemic delayed the launch of this series, all I had for quite a while was the virgin interior art and covers. Of course, that didn't stop me from speculating about what Kevin's life in London was like, as well as his relationship with his manager. Now we can all finally read the beginning of this new series. 

Well, there you have it: the inside cover and preview pages of a Valiant comic, with as little commentary from me as is ever likely to happen. If you want more commentary, and a full-on review, check back later. After reading the issue, I can promise you that Savage #1 will be wild. 

Oh, and as we're previewing a series that's all about our relationship with social media, with all its Likes and Loves and hearts--and as it's Valentine's Day--I'd like to wish you all a very happy and Savage Valentine's Day!

Dragon Dave

P.S. If you're as hungry for Savage as I've been, and would like to compare my speculations back in December with the narration and dialogue in these preview pages, here's the link:

A Closer Look at Savage


 


No comments:

Post a Comment