Friday, March 27, 2020

The Bloodshot Project: Part 5

Originally, I had only planned on using the light and "truer" blues, but I wasn't pleased with the result. The blues just seemed to bright and bold. So I decided to go over them with the greenish blue.



This gave me the relaxed, lived-in look I had desired. Bloodshot's jeans looked richer, and more real than before. Close-up, you can still see lots of brush marks from the Artist's Loft Dual Tip markers. Still, the pants looked closer to the way I had envisioned them, based on the Bloodshot #0 Cover B by Ramon F. Bachs.

Another plus of the coloring was it helped tone down the gray shading for his skin. 

At this point, my wife suggested an idea for the chest. I must admit, she has excellent taste.

 

The thing is, all the way through this project, I was never certain what I'd do next. The project just kept evolving. As I was still debating about the chest, I deferred the decision on the chest and concentrated on cutting out my Bloodshot figure.


This took awhile, as all those changes of directions are hard on a little X-O-acto knife. So I took my time, biting off a little section, then taking a break to relax and recharge my nanite-concentration levels. Then it was back to attack another area.

After I finished cutting out the figure, I took a longer break for a rethink.  I knew most of what I wanted to do, but had to decide exactly how I'd do each, and in what order. The next day, I decided to make two backer boards from the finished figure.


I dithered around about what step to take next. I decided on finishing the eyes. Rather than go ultra-real Vin Diesel, I went more comic book Bloodshot.


I still had a ways to go, but at least the Bloodshot project was finally coming together.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment