Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Bloodshot Project: Part 6


A while ago, I picked up these lights at a home improvement store. In addition to glowing white, green, and blue, they glow red. The perfect color for Bloodshot!

Nonetheless, doing this hurt.

 

I glued Bloodshot to the first backer board before cutting out the circle in the backer board. I repeated these steps for the second backer board. Hopefully, the additional layers will help protect my Bloodshot standee/wall-hanger against damage. They'll definitely help hold the Defiant light, which is much thicker and heavier than the foamboard.


Note: Open heart surgery make Hulk angry!


I glued up semicircular supports for the Defiant light using foam board scraps, and taped on a cover to hold it in. I dislike using the tape, so when I think of better way to hold in the light, I'll upgrade my light holder.

By the way, you did know that Jim Shooter, who started Valiant, also started a company called Defiant, right? (Yes, of course you did).
 

Finally, my Bloodshot standee is finished! (The light glows red, really). Hopefully, he does justice to Vin Diesel, who loved the character so much he convinced Sony to make the movie, as well as my Facebook friend Kevin VanHook, who helped create Bloodshot, and wrote many of Bloodshot's early stories.

By the way, you did know that Kevin VanHook also served as editor for X-O Manowar Volume 1 Issues 11-15, didn't you? (Yes, of course you did.)
 


So there Bloodshot is, standing guard for us. He'll guide our steps at night, thanks to a nifty timer, as well as the included remote control.

Now I think I'll sit back, turn on the TV, and watch Bloodshot starring Vin Diesel again. You did know that I bought it on digital, and really love the movie, didn't you? 

Yes, of course you did.


Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment