Thursday, March 12, 2020

Congratulations Lysa Hawkins and Heather Antos

Sandwiched between Editor Lysa Hawkins and former Marketing guru Mel Caylo

At last year's Wondercon, I met editor Lysa Hawkins. At the time, she was previewing two titles she was editing: Bloodshot and Punk Mambo. She currently edits Bloodshot and Rai, two of my favorite ongoing comics. Given my passion for Bloodshot, she gave me a glimpse of art from upcoming issues, and later mailed me an Ashcan, or a Black-and-White preview edition of Issue 1. Her talk got me excited about the possibilities of her Bloodshot series, but I could not have predicted how much I would enjoy her new take on this classic character.

Quantum & Woody: a surprise hit series

I've yet to meet her fellow editor Heather Antos. Nor have I ever followed Quantum & Woody before. But I'm enjoying this new series she's overseeing, and looking forward to learning more about these two superheroes and their notorious goat companion.

Apparently, the management at Valiant is equally impressed with these two ladies' efforts. Valiant has just announced that Lysa and Heather have been promoted to Senior Editors, where they'll be steering the entire line, while editing individual titles. Congratulations Lysa and Heather, and best wishes for you in your new positions.

X-O Manowar fans will doubtless hear more about Heather Antos, as she is editing the new series about our favorite Visigoth warrior coming out later this month...

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment