Sunday, March 13, 2022

Shadowman #7: Covers To Die For

 

Shadowman #7 Cover A by Jon Davis-Hunt


Jon Davis-Hunt's Cover A is a team-cover. Well, okay, it's almost a team-cover. It's Shadowman, his chief Abettor Alyssa Miles, the flamboyant Punk Mambo, and their adversary--the woman they're all fighting--Lady Darkside. 

While I'm a Pre-Order guy,I love all the work Jon Dais-Hunt put into this one. I especially love Shadowman's expression here. It's like he's been told to smile for the camera, and Shadowman just wants to muck it up. 

That Punk Mambo's a bad influence!


Shadowman #7 Cover B by Dan Brereton


This time out, Dan Brereton takes up the Movie Homage Cover challenge with his take on that famous Jack Nicholson moment in director Stanley Kubrick's 1980 classic film The Shining. Author Stephen King, who wrote the original novel, may not have loved Stanley Kubrick's adaptation, but I love it! I'm guessing everyone loves Kubrick's movie these days, even people who haven't seen it! I mean, how could you not love The Shining, when it features so prominently in Steven Spielberg's adaptation of Ready Player One?

Oh, I also love it because I grew up loving Johnny Carson, once the host of The Tonight Show. And then there was Ed McMahon, his compatriot, who introduced Johnny each night with his enthusiastic "Heeeerrrrrrreeeeee's Johnny!" 

Can you hear Ed calling out from the Deadside? "Heeerrrrreeee's Punk!"


Shadowman #7 Pre-Order Cover by Christian Ward

Is it just me, or does Christian Ward do the coolest covers? He certainly wins the prize for the most cosmic covers. Diamond hasn't been listing the Pre-Order covers lately in their Customer Order Form booklets for any Valiant series, which is what my LCS hands out to all his customers. Nor can he seem to find the Pre-Orders in the Diamond system. He wasn't even aware that Armorclads had a Pre-Order option until Valiant tweeted a copy of the Pre-Order cover, and I copied it and sent it to him. 

Anyway, I sent him a copy of this one yesterday, as soon as I got a copy of it, because this image of Shadowman is so cool that I've gotta have it. What can I say? Christian Ward just does the coolest covers!

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment