Tuesday, May 18, 2021

The Story Behind My Savage Pre-Orders

 

 

Valiant Comics ran its Savage Swag contest, which is why I received my Savage bone pen and title pin. My wife also wanted to participate in the contest, and said she wanted a Blank cover. By the time I arrived, my retailer didn't have any more copies of Savage, let alone a blank. So I bought her a Cover A at another shop. 

We both enjoyed the way the contest ushered in Valiant's new miniseries. 

 



My Pre-Order copy of Savage #2 arrived damaged. While my retailer sent it back for replacement, my wife was disappointed, as all the reviews I was writing made her want to read it. So the following week, with my retailer again having no additional copies of Savage, I again got her a Cover A at another store. 

After a few weeks, my Pre-Order cover of Savage #2 arrived. I was so happy that I took this photo to share its arrival on Twitter. With, I should add, an obligatory dinosaur masks.



 

My copy of Savage #3 got delayed by the winter storms that struck the middle of the United States. Apparently, my Pre-Order copy was on a truck that was forced to return to the distribution center. By the time UPS finally worked the box it was in onto another truck, and it arrived at my store, Savage #4 also came out.

This time, my wife elected to wait for Savage #3. So she got to read the second half of the miniseries over the weekend.

 


I decided to celebrate its arrival twice--as I received the two issues together. The first was with a Stay Safe Stay Savage mask my wife and I made. The second was with the first dinosaur material my wife used to make masks.

It seems a little weird to be celebrating the end of a four-issue series roughly a year after the issue was supposed to start. But we made both masks last year to celebrate the return of Kevin Sauvage to comics. It makes sense to bring the masks and final issues together like this. 

 


It's good to celebrate the arrival of the stories we enjoy. This has been difficult due to the way the pandemic has affected publishers, printers, overseas shipping, port workers, distributors, UPS, and of course the stores themselves. Valiant fans have been waiting for issues #5 and 6 of The Visitor for over a year now. That was a six-issue series that never resumed when Diamond stopped distributing comics after the pandemic started. And we still await news of The Final Witness, another series that was cancelled after the Covid-19 outbreak.

 


 

So rock on Savage fans. And rock on Valiant Comics, for bringing out this long-anticipated series, and helping us a way to celebrate it this way.

Dragon Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment