Thursday, March 4, 2021

Bloodshot #12: Two Exciting Covers

 

Cover A by Adelso Corona

I had wanted to talk about the early issues of this series earlier this week. I've got a review copy of Bloodshot Book 1 I'm reading through, and there's so many good things to talk about. But right now, I'm excited and saddened by the imminent end of this current Bloodshot series by Tim Seeley. As my mind seems more geared forward than back right now, I thought rather than wait for Valiant Entertainment to send me the review package, I'd see what covers were out there in Internetland that I could share with you.

If you remember my post on Bloodshot #11, you'll remember Adelso Corona painted a beautiful Cover A for Bloodshot #11. Now, this former inker on early issues of this series (contained in the trade paperback Bloodshot Book 1) gives us another Cover A for the final issue. I don't know if Bloodshot is standing on the edge of a crumbling cliff, or falling through a cloud of debris. But whatever's going on, he's tackling the situation head-on, like he usually does. 

Go Bloodshot!


Cover B by Jimbo Salgado


Jim Salgado has done covers for Marvel, DC, IDW, Zenoscope, Titan, and Boom! His previous covers for Valiant Entertainment include the series War Mother and Harbinger Wars 2, as well as a Savage #1 variant cover for Exchange Collectibles. Now he contributes his talents to this magnificent Cover B.

Searching links on Jimbo Salgado's Twitter account, I found a great Black and White version of this sketch. He's posted lots of his sketches on Instagram, and if you're a Twitter person, you can find them like I did through his links there. 

This is another great cover, with Bloodshot leaping out of a burning building. Has a bomb gone off? Was he trapped inside this building? Was it surrounded by enemy troops, and he opted to fight his way out? Did he in fact set off the explosion? Most importantly of all, is that red circle in the sky symbolic, or has there been a celestial event like an eclipse? This cover asks so many questions. 

I can't wait to read Bloodshot #12, and discover if Covers A and B tell their own stories, or tie into the events in the final issue of Tim Seeley's outstanding series.

I'll post the Pre-order cover by Jim Towe, and talk about that, when I receive the Bloodshot #12 review package from Valiant Entertainment.

Dragon Dave

Here's a link to Jimbo Salgado's uncolored sketch for Cover B

No comments:

Post a Comment