Friday, March 5, 2021

A Double Dose of Savage Swag

 

 

Valiant Comics held a contest on Twitter to celebrate the release of Savage 1. When my wife heard about it, she wanted to get in on the fun too. Unfortunately, by the time I reached my local comic shop, they had sold all their copies. Still, it wasn't all bad news, as they had held my Pre-order copy for me.

Thankfully, living in San Diego means that another comic shop wasn't too far away. So I drove there and picked up a copy with the Cover A artwork for my wife. Then, when we got home, we took photos of ourselves, and posted them on Twitter.

Shortly after the contest ended, our prizes arrived. We each received a Savage pin, and a really cool bone-shaped pen. Beyond cool!



I've received promotional items like this from Valiant or from fan contests before, but usually only after a series had ended. It's fun to have them to enjoy while the series they celebrate is underway. Valiant Comics may have shaken long-term reader expectations with this new series of Savage, but that's okay. It's good to be surprised, and have to wrap your head around a different type of story than you anticipated. 

I've seen a few sample pages from Savage #2 online, and now I can't wait to read the entire issue. In the meantime, I'm thinking about how I can have fun with my Savage swag. Should I put my pin on a hat or shirt? Could I use the pen to draw some fan art? 

A few ideas are knocking around in my head. I'll share them with you when they crack the surface.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment