Friday, February 18, 2022

Shadowman #6 Review: A Visit to Arclight Hospital

 

Shadowman #6 Pre-Order Cover by Pedro Andreo & Andrew Dalhouse


From the moment I arrived at Arclight Hospital, I knew I'd have a horribly good time.



I'd already filled out most of the forms in the Shadowman #6 admission packet. Grave letterer Clayton Cowles helped me slash through the rest of the paperwork.



Underwriter Cullen Bunn filled the entire ward with a terrific ambiance. This kept me grimly determined to see the procedure through.


 

The alarmingly artistic Pedro Andreo made me anxious to take up residence in my gently distressed private room.



No pre-operative procedures proved necessary. Nor did I have to wait around, filled with trepidation, while I awaited my scheduled surgery. When I felt ready, I made my way to the room where others fear to tread.



I found the doctor and his frightfully friendly staff waiting for me.

 

They listened to the concerns that most distressed and agitated me.


Covid-19 safety restrictions naturally make family and friends cower at the thought of visiting hospitals these days.



Arclight Hospital doesn't enforce scary policies like mask-wearing and social distancing. Even colorist Jordie Bellaire's dreadfully direct friend, Punk Mambo, felt no unease, as the staff doesn't fear second-hand smoke.



After my procedure, nurses visited my room often. They always demanded I rate my pain on a scale of one to ten, with one being mildly disturbing, and ten being electrifying agony. 


 

When I answered two or higher, the staff leapt into action to relieve my pain.



They were always quick to offer a joke or fun anecdote to relieve my unease. In fact, they kept me in stitches the entire time.



I look forward to returning to Arclight Hospital, as my first visit proved such a frightfully beneficial experience.



To schedule an appointment at Arclight Hospital, stop by your local comic book store, and ask for a Shadowman #6 admission packet. Believe me: you'll be terribly glad you did.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment