Thursday, October 22, 2020

Tragically Misunderstood Hadrian

Everyone wants everything in their lives to be perfect, right? In Alejandro Arbona's series Doctor Tomorrow, the character Hadrian tries to create a universe in which there is no suffering or strife, and everyone can live a long and happy life. It's the manner in which he tries to create that perfect universe that gets in the way of others getting on board with his plan. Here's how artist Jim Towe portrayed him in issue #1.

 


I've always been captivated by this image, so when the Valiant Comic Fans group on Facebook held their annual pumpkin carving contest, I thought, well, why not? It took me a few days to adapt the artwork for a pattern I thought would look cool and retain its structural integrity.


 

Then it took me a few days to carve it.


 

Toward the end, I was fighting against mushy spots and mildew. Carving the perfect pumpkin is not easy!


 

Still, I'm reasonably happy with my efforts. It certainly was a learning experience.



If you have yet to discover the joys of Doctor Tomorrow, head down to your local comics shop. All five issues are out now, so you should be able to find them.

 


 

Discover for yourself how Bart Simms, along with X-O Manowar and the other Valiant heroes, take on the tragically misunderstood Hadrian.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment