Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Can Bloodshot Tag Along?


A lot of people have the wrong idea about comics. They think that they can buy them any time, and in any format they please. While they're technically correct about this, publishers can only fund a series so long if it is profitable. So if you wait until issue six or ten to check it out, and the comic shops aren't ordering many copies because you (and your friends) are taking your own sweet time checking the series out, the publisher may have canceled the series by then. The writers and artists will have moved on, and any ongoing storyline they were building will be abandoned.

When that happens, you may have to wait years for the publisher to pull together another series.

Valiant is launching a new Bloodshot series today. I've seen a preview edition (what they call an Ashcan in comics lingo), and I can tell you it's definitely worth checking out. It's crazy fun, it's action packed, and Bloodshot even sings to you in it. (Really!) So head down to your comic shop, or check out a digital copy. I think you'll agree with me that the series holds a great deal of promise.

This new Bloodshot looks like a fun guy. He seems like someone I'd like to have around. So I'm going to let him tag along with me on a monthly basis. I'll share his adventures, and he'll share mine. Personally, I think we'll have a blast together. You could too.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment